Re: OO -vs- Normalization: Effect on Data Quality & Performance

From: Gerard M. Averill <gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 98 16:44:13 GMT

In article <361CE8CE.3B4AD4B6_at_adpc.purdue.edu>, bwskiles_at_adpc.purdue.edu wrote:

>Other opinions, experiences,and advice are appreciated!!!

You might try asking this (albeit, with more details about the types of data you work with) over at comp.databases.object.

IMHO, "data quality" (though I can't really say I know exactly what you mean by this) is not essentially related to your choice of DBMS, relational or OO. Performance is most dependent on a well-designed "schema", one that best matches your data to the paradigm of the DBMS choicen.

Gerard M. Averill, Associate Researcher CHSRA, University of Wisconsin - Madison GAverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 11:44:13 CDT