Re: Getting IP address of client

From: R Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:52:02 GMT

Hi, If you define a variable as :

        vipaddress varchar2(15);

You should then be able to insert the IP address in to that variable using :

          vipaddress := owa_util.get_cgi_env('remote_addr');

This is using Oracle Web Server & PL/SQL but the format is correct. You are getting a type-mismatch, what are you trying to insert the IP into? Make sure it's a character type.

Russ.

--

Russell Fray
U-NET Ltd. Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 07:52:02 CDT