OO -vs- Normalization: Effect on Data Quality & Performance

From: bwskiles <bwskiles_at_adpc.purdue.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 11:31:10 -0500

I would appreciate any and all input on this topic. This is a hot topic in our shop right now. I would be very interested in hearing if anyone who has employee an Object Oriented database has experienced a noticable degradation in data quality.

What issues do you believe we should be considering when looking at object oriented design -vs- a normalized, relational design? For instance, my concerns are that OO has an adverse impact on data quality *and* performance.

Other opinions, experiences,and advice are appreciated!!!

Thanks!

--brad
bwskiles_at_purdue.edu Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 11:31:10 CDT