Re: Date range grouping

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:07:53 +0100

I considered similar to this and I'm sure it would work as SQL. However, I'm using Business Objects and do not know how to reproduce this in that tool. Perhaps I really needed a Bisuness Objects news group?. This was also why I was trying to avoid pre-processing. My real problem is not one of specific dates but accounting periods which we have in a table - I told you I simplified the problem. I've actually resorted to adding a new column to the accounting periods table and as part of month changover run a script which specifies the period it is regards to my report. i.e Before now, This month, next month, ... , All other future months.

I can join my dates to an accounting period (using BETWEEN) and then group by my new 'period_type' column.

It seems to work.

Thanks for replying.

--
Alan D. Mills