AccessFromVC++

From: Frank Meng <frankmeng_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:47:55 -0400

I have a problem when I access personal Oracle 8.0 through ODBC from VC++ 5.0 on Windows 95.
First, I created a database project with VC++ 5.0. I can see the data stored in Access or Sybase SQL Anywhere. But when I use personal Oracle, I can see the name of tables. But not the contents.
During the creation of the program, I must select "Recordset type" as "Snapshot" or "Dynaset". For Oracle, with "Snapshot", I got message "ODBC static cursors required for snapshot support" .  With "Dynaset", I got message "ODBC driver does not support dynasets" .
Therefore, I can't view the records in the database. Is this a problem of my Oracle setting? Please reply to frankmeng_at_usa.net
Thanks for your help.
Frank Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 21:47:55 CDT