Re: reading redo log files

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:27:27 -0700

On 7 Oct 1998, dke wrote:

> Is there something to read the contents of the redo log files.
>
> I think I use too much redo-log space, so I want to know who is doing this

A much better way to find out who is responsible for excessive redo generation is to monitor the growth of statistic# 97 (for Oracle8) in v$sesstat for each session connected. If one session is generating more redo than the others, then its value for v$sesstat statistic# 97 should grow conspicuously.

I think the same statistic ('redo size') for Oracle7 is 85, but check that in v$statname before you try it.

--
Jeremiah Wilton http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 17:27:27 CDT