Creating reports

From: Gert-Peter Haar <gert-peter.haar_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:51:54 +0200

We are always using FoxPro as a database for software we use. Lately we are confronted with the problem of generating reports in a short period of time. We have a database filled with aproximatly 1 million records and it takes about one !!! day to generate a report. Somebody told me that oracle only needs about 15 minutes to do this. This is a significant difference in time and we would like to know what the differences in indexing, or whatever, are between these two database programs.

Thanks for replying Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 15:51:54 CDT