Re: "EXECUTING A COMMAND FILE FROM FORMS"

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:22:37 +0100

The best solution to this is to use a combination of C code and pipes but a quick and dirty solution we opted for, here, one time was to simply use the HOST command to fire off a remote shell access to the host you actually need. OK, out system is AIX but we found that an added benefit (for us) was that we automatically obtained tighter control over who can do this by the necessaity of setting up .rhosts files etc. We were specifying exactly who could remote shell in from what specific NT box.

As I said, quick and dirty. It does work though.

--
Alan D. Mills

<01bdf15a$a8176ca0$0935bf82_at_mcglover.sdsu.edu>...