System requirements for Oracle SQL client on IBM-AIX.

From: leblond <leblond_at_cam.org>
Date: 1998/10/06

I'm a unix system admin. (IBM-AIX).

DBA and I just installed an Oracle DB on one of our RS6000 system running AIX 4.1.5. Now DBA ask me to free up 250Mb of disk space to simply install the SQL client on others RS6000 which requires the installation of AIX kernel extensions on all of them. I just said "NO".

First of all I don't have this disk space and I don't want to mess AIX on all systems.

Assuming SQL client stands on a couple of floppies for other OS like Windows NT, why does it need as much disk space on AIX and why do we have to install kernel extensions ???

Please reply to my personnal address: ag.leblond_at_videotron.ca

Thanks.

--
Alain Gilbert
Montreal, CANADA