Oracle and SQA Team Test

From: Doug Stone <Doug_Stone_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:42:28 -0700

Does anyone know how I might setup an Oracle 8 db as an SQA test db?

I need to be able to do three things:

  1. Create a test db at a location other than oracle_home (ex: sqa6\repository\testDB\Oracle)
  2. Populate that db with tables and start data
  3. Be able to bring the test db back to its original state quickly (ex: resetOra.bat)

I've actually done items 1 & 2 in oracle_home\database. Bringing the db back to its start state is the real unknown.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Thank you,
Doug Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 11:42:28 CDT