Unique Constraints and Foreign Key

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 6 Oct 1998 18:11:59 GMT

Hi:

I have a table which contains 6 fields as follows:

	Field1 	- Primary key.
	Field2	- Foregin key to other table allow NULL.
	Field3 	- Foregin key to other table allow NULL.
	Field4	- Unique constraint 1.
	Field5	- Unique constraint 2 allow NULL.
	Field6	- Unique constraint 3 allow NULL.

I found that I can't insert a record to the table if Field5 and Field6 are NULL value.

How can I handle if the values of the Field2 and Field3 are SPACE? Now it volidates the foreign key constraints.

--
Best regards, Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 13:11:59 CDT