Re: Starting NT Intelligent Agent

From: Bill Buchan <bbuchan_at_ossian.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:42:17 +0100

Bill Buchan wrote in message <6vb20i$95e$1_at_phys-ma.sol.co.uk>...
>I am running Oracle8 on NT4 and want to start the intelligent agent. If I
>click on start for the OracleAgent80 service, I get the error "Error 0010:
>The environment is incorrect." (Agent v. 8.0.4.0)
>
>What environment is it referring to (I'm new to NT)? Oracle and Net80 seem
>to be okay.
>(I know about the problem with mapped external drives but I do not have
any)

Well, I finally got it started - I did something silly with the service names when I set them up and added the default suffix .world to everything. I therefore had to add things like "database4.world.world" to the tnsnames file before the agent would start up.

But now that's up, I've got new agent problems that are annoying me! These are:

  1. The agent crashes any time I start or shutdown any of the databases on the node.
  2. I can't get any jobs to run through OEM. I have set up the "logon as a batch job" privilege and set this user in the OEM node preference credentials. I can get neither database jobs nor OS jobs on the node to run. It always returns "Failed to authenticate user"

Once again, any help would be much appreciated