Re: How to protect changing user password?

From: <wfrye_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 12:54:50 GMT

In article <6vakmr$kim$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   wfrye_at_mnsinc.com wrote:
> In article <36187F2E.A98C1C64_at_isc.telecom.lt>,
> Valdas Bieliauskas <valdas_at_isc.telecom.lt> wrote:
> > I have several users with single system privilege CREATE SESSION on
> > oracle 7.3 database.
> > Nevertheless every souch user can change own passwords by command:
> > ALTER USER user IDENTIFIED password.
> > How to protect this changing?
> >
> > Valdas
>
> Protect what? As you have described it they can only change their own
> password and must be logged on to do that.

On further thought one problem does present itself and I don't have (and need) an answer. If a user leaves his computer logged on to ORACLE how do you prevent some other person from altering his password? It would be nice to be able to insist that the user enter his current password iat the time hye changes it. Is this possible?