MS Access Migration Problems! Error 440! Please help!

From: James Pullen <james.pullen_at_cramer.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:34:13 +0100

I've been using the freeware MS Access Migration tool to get a smallish Access database into one particular schema in an Oracle database. The aim of this is to allow me to knock out some PL/SQL to do data-transforms from the ex-Access schema (let's call it AccessDB) to the other schema (called MainDB).

So all i need Access Migration to do is take my Access database and migrate it to the schema. This has worked a few times after some initial problem. The main trouble has been a 'internal error 440' which is output when it attempts to migrate the data. It is not at all clear what causes this. I thought it i first fixed it by dropping the schema i was going to load AccessDB into. But now nothing seems to fix it!

Other people must have come across this before. Please help! I'll have another bad day if i don't fix this!

Thanks in advance.

Jmz. Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 03:34:13 CDT