Re: SQL Net Config Question for DOS

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 12:30:10 GMT

On Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:03:28 -0400, "Patrick T. Cannon" <PCannon_at_TechVistas.com> wrote:

>I have a client machine that will need to access an oracle database on
>our server.
>
>I have configured SQL Net using the Net8 Assistant and tested it with
>Plus80w.exe.
>It seems to work fine and connect to any service name I provide.
>
>The problem is the the DOS program plus80 does not seem to find my
>service names.
>I have set ORACLE_SID = ServiceName inside each DOS shell prior to
>launching plus80,
>but it always returns ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination.

Even the DOS version of SQL*Plus will still use (by default) the value of ORACLE_SID in the Windows Registry, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Oracle if you do not specify a connect string.

Have you tried connected via plus80 and specifying a connect string?

>I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't seem to figure out my
>mistake. I'd
>appreciate any help you might provide.
>
>Thanks,
>Patrick

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 07:30:10 CDT