???.plan_table

From: Phil R Lawrence <prl2_at_lehigh.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:57:59 -0400

Hello,

I created plan_table as a very privileged user and then granted security to public. However, when I say:

explain plan
set Statement_ID = 'TEST'
for
select etc...

It says:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02402: PLAN_TABLE not found

This is because it is looking for a plan_table owned by me, not that privelaged user. Page 194 of "Advanced Oracle Tuning and Administration" (Covers through 7.3) says "Although you can rename PLAN_TABLE, it is simpler to use the default name." This gives me hope that there is some modification I can make that will cause privileged_user.plan_table to be sought, rather than me.plan_table.

Any clues on how to do this?

Thanks,
Phil R Lawrence Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 09:57:59 CDT