Report 2.5 - Why still Uncompiled?

From: Norazman Abu Sahir <azhan98_at_tm.net.my>
Date: 5 Oct 1998 20:50:15 +0800

I have created a report using Oracle Report 2.5. The report contains some PL/SQL statements, to be specific in the before report trigger.
After giving my finishing touch, I compile it and the status is ok, no errors at all. Then I run it using the Oracle Report application. I'm really happy that it gives exactly what I want.So I save it.

Now, I plan to use it in Oracle Application (Oracle Manufacturing under WIP module).I save the report in a correct directory in the server. I did all the requirements (define the concurrent->executable,concurrent
->program & tied it in the module in report group under
system administration). Time to run...

I use the oracle application to run the report. After submission, I really get frustrated because every time its ended with a message "There exist an uncompiled program unit" in my report. I did not give up at first, maybe I missed something.

I have make sure the report properties (tools-option in the menu) have been set to "all" for PL/SQL. I also use save as and select "all" for pl/sql. Also I make sure I didn't check the disable PL/SL compilation button in one of the property I don't remember which one.

I understand Oracle report have 2 type of executable, *.rdf (source) & *.rep (binary). My question is why my report is still "Uncompiled" in the Oracle application after I compile & compile all in the Oracle report application and save it again & again. Is it that save only save the report but not the compilation?

If I have missed any steps, I really appreciate for any guides. Thanks for anybbody who spend their times to help..

Norazman Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 07:50:15 CDT