Personal Oracle 8 and Visual Studio 6 problem

From: Joseph Pacelli <vb4xprt_at_ipass.net>
Date: 1998/10/04

I'm running Windows 98 with Visual Studio 6 and Personal Oracle 8 I can connect fine to the Oracle database through PL/SQL 1)When I try to use VB's Dataview and connect to Oracle I get an error. However if I clcick on test connection it's successfull, but when I double click the
the datalink1 it start's the oracle database if not started and then I get the following message
Unable to establish a connection.
Please ensure that the connection properties gor 'Datalink1' are correct and that the source is available. Method '~' of object '~' failed Any help would be appreciated.
2) When I try to access the same database from Visual Studio by creating a Database Project
It connects to the database, I use the scott/tiger account to test it. I get a list of the tables. But when I double click the emp table I get This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I clicked details and get
MSDEV caused an invalid page fault in
module SQOCI32.DLL at 0177:026041b6.
And then this one also after I close the first error MSDEV caused an invalid page fault in
module SSSCC.DLL at 0177:60567702.

Any help would be appreicated
Joe P
vb4xprt_at_ipass.net Received on Sun Oct 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT