Re: Large Directory Problem

From: Scott L. Holmes <slholmes_at_nhdg.com>
Date: 1998/10/04

Michael D. Long wrote in message <01bdef54$13c34ea0$020aa8c0_at_hammer>...
>As to storing BLOB data in a DBMS, that is for neophytes (or very small
>systems) who don't understand the issues of scalability. By storing the

I hadn't thought of the problem in the same terms as you. BLOBs allow for the automation of many of the processes that are kind of a pain to implement given your scenario. They certainly don't have anything to do with the size of a system or the intellegence of the analyst.

--
Scott L. Holmes

Neutrino Mass, it's what keeps me from becoming completely unstable