Re: How to get PL/SQL results via ODBC calls from Perl?

From: Hendrik Woerdehoff <hendrik.woerdehoff_at_sdm.de>
Date: 1998/10/02

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Help! I am trying to write a PL/SQL procedure that will collect data
> into a PL/SQL table variable and need to be able to fetch the results
> back to a Perl program by making ODBC calls.
>
> The PL/SQL procedure to collect the data seems straight forward.
> But, I seem to be missing how to bind the results into Perl variables.

AS far as I can remember there is no way to access PL/SQL "tables" from something other than PL/SQL. Those "tables" are not proper database tables. So either you make that "table" a global variable and write another stored procedure to fetch each entry of this table separately. Or you create a real table into which you can store this PL/SQL "table".

cu
  Hendrik

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US (per infraction). E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

--
Hendrik W"ordehoff         |s  |d &|m  |  software design & management
                           |   |   |   |  GmbH & Co. KG                :
woerdehoff_at_sdm.de          |   |   |   |  Thomas-Dehler-Str. 27      >B)
Tel/Fax (089) 63812-337/515               81737 M"unchen               :