Re: ORACLE vs Sybase

From: Manish I Shah <mshah_at_blackrock.com>
Date: 1998/10/02

Just to put Darren and Jerry's experiences in perspective :

Sybase release 11.x was a major upgrade from 10.x in terms of functionality. It would call for significant effort. (e.g moving from Oracle 6 to 7 ?, I am guessing).

Between different bug fix releases(Called EBF), say between, 11.0.3.1 to 11.0.3.2
usually is much simpler procedure (like Jerry said, 15 minutes all told).