SQL Net Config Question for DOS

From: Patrick T. Cannon <PCannon_at_TechVistas.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:03:28 -0400

I have a client machine that will need to access an oracle database on our server.

I have configured SQL Net using the Net8 Assistant and tested it with Plus80w.exe.
It seems to work fine and connect to any service name I provide.

The problem is the the DOS program plus80 does not seem to find my service names.
I have set ORACLE_SID = ServiceName inside each DOS shell prior to launching plus80,
but it always returns ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't seem to figure out my mistake. I'd
appreciate any help you might provide.

Thanks,
Patrick Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 20:03:28 CDT