Re: oracle 7.3 :oraview error 4204 table or view does not exist....

From: Isaac Agudo <iagudo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:46:59 +0200

Hi Michel !!!!

i think :

Never make an Oracle table with Ms Tools Or other Desktop Databases as (Access, Paradox), you must use the syntax DDL to create a table from SQLPLUS of ORACLE.

3 Steps To migrate Access Table To Oracle Table (clasic mode):

  1.- Create an Oracle table from sqlplus using DDL sintax :

        Ex:
                drop table sales;
                create table sales
                (
                        id_sales varchar2(4) ,
                        etc
                );

   2.- Migrate Acces Table to csv File : ( FIelds separator By ";").

   3.- Use (SQLLOADER) Sqlldr of Oracle to migrate (Csv File To Oracle table)

If you make a table from other tool as Paradox or Access, Error this tools write incorrectly the table into DBA repository.

Michael Clay Andersen escribió en mensaje ...