Re: SCO OpenServer 5.0 Oracle V7.3.2.2.0 relink error

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: 1998/10/01

Lee Kian Beng wrote in message <3612F4EB.E630F9C5_at_synergixtech.com>...
>I am installing Oracle Workgroup Server V7.3.2.2.0 on SCO Open Server
>5.0.
>All goes fine until when Oracle would hit the following errors :
>
> THS Listener executables were not relinked : check the log file.
> Oracle Names were not made : check the log file.
> Relinking Error : The executables for ORACLE7 Server (RDBMS) were
>not made successfully. Please check the log file
>(/usr/orace7/orainst/install.log) and repeat the installtion procedures
>for Oracle7 Server.
>
>With reference to Oracle Support, they said the error occured becos of
>missing make utility, but I have already downloaded the GNU Make utility
>and installed it on my SCO machine. Please advice. The make utility can
>be found in my path.

See install.log and inspect it for the reason of relink error. If it's TNS listener relink error, probably it is caused by absence of C compiler (cc). Usually, TNS listenerr relink generates ntcontab.c file which needs compiling. On SCO Open Server 5.0x you have no cc without developement option installed.

Piotr Kolodziej
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT