Row ordering and extracting in SQLPLUS

From: Omar Farooq <ofarooq_at_moneynet.com>
Date: 1998/10/01

I am trying to run a sqlplus query which returns dozens of rows. What I am trying to do is to order the rows by a particular date field so that the latest one is the last row.
So 5,7,4,1,9 becomes 9,7,5,4,1
Once these rows are ordered, I want to be able to choose which row to get back.
I plan on doing this using stored procedures where one of the in parameters will be the row number to get (i.e 1-5, 1 being the last one). I have no idea how to implement this technique, any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanx
Omar
ofarooq_at_moneynet.com Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT