SYBASE conversion - Multithread apps?

From: Fletcher Hearns <hearns_at_softapp.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:35:37 -0400

Hello all,

I have been asked to evaluate migrating a clients applications from SYBASE System 10/11 to Oracle 7/8.

My client's application makes heavy use of SYBASE's OpenServer CT/DB librarys to have multithreaded client/server applications.

Is this same type of function available with ORACLE or will we have to write TRUE multi-threaded applications.

If there is a FAQ the covers this please point me that way (I looked but could not find one)

Pointer (recomendations) to docs are always welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Fletcher Hearns
President
S*A*I*L