IDX-Vermont DBA in Development

From: <dan_steinbach_at_idx.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 20:36:49 GMT

IDX (IDXC) Produces software for Physician Group Practices and Hospitals. We need a lead DBA for our development organization. The task is to ensure that our VB based applications work well in enterprise deployed environments. Design and performance tuning experience are very important. The DBA builds data models and makes changes to the structure (metadata) of the database to allow application data to be stored and retrieved efficiently. DBAs build data models. This individual must have command of at least one case modeling tool and at least one database engine, make extensive modifications of current database model, add major functionality to an existing database and performance tuning of a database, including and understanding of hardware issues such as RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) and operating system tuning parameters. SQL Server or Oracle experience is necessary.

--

Dan Steinbach
IDX

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 15:36:49 CDT