ODBC - problems connecting to database

From: Ariel Kirson <arielk_at_exlibris.co.il>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 20:00:51 +0200

Hi all,

I have just installed Oracle's ODBC Rdb support driver on my Windows 95 system, and am trying to connect to our Database which resides on a Unix platform.

I have configured the SQL*Net. I have managed to connect to the database using TNSPing and SQLPlus, but I am not managing to connect using the ODBC Test Program.

I receive the following error message :

SQLState: S1000
Native Error Code : -2003
Driver Message: [Oracle][ODBC][Rdb]Connect Ret 0 Err #10061

    WSAECONNREFUSED Connection Refused.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?

(I have installed Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb 2.0.20.0.0 &  SQL*Net Client 2.3.2.1.6A, and I used the ODBC control panel to add the driver and configure it).

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Ariel Kirson
Ex Libris. Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 13:00:51 CDT