Re: Oracle client multi threaded?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 17:43:53 GMT

A copy of this was sent to David Bartholow <dbart1_at_flash.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:08:34 -0500, you wrote:

>We were told by a consultant that oracle clients for windows NT
>are single threaded and would not be appropriate for server to server
>use - that is that they were designed to support a client on a
>workstation
>to converse with an oracle server with only one data access in progress
>at any time. We are wanting to have a web server (on NT) conversing
>with an oracle database (on another NT server) with multiple data
>accesses
>occurring concurrently. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
>
>David Bartholow
>bartholow_at_uta.edu

client libraries for Oracle 7.3.2.2 on NT are thread safe.

If you write your client to be Multi-threaded, then it will be.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 12:43:53 CDT