Newbie Urgent ? - How to remove duplicate records

From: Brian Richardson <RichaBK_at_kscgws00.ksc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:35:20 -0400

Hello,

A colleague has encountered the following scenario. Any suggested assistance would be greatly appreciated, since we have users waiting.

Environment : Oracle 7.3.x, Sun Solaris OS, Netscape clients (PC), PL/SQL Scenario : From within SQL>, inadvertently imported data twice resulting

                     in duplicate entries for each item in every table.
Several other
                     commands have been performed since then (including
a COMMIT).

Question : Would like to elimnate the duplicate entries only, and get the tables

                      back into their original condition.

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated, and if I have not provided
enough information for someone to respond, please let me know and I will provide
additional details in a follow-up posting.

Brian Richardson Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 09:35:20 CDT