Re: Hardware recommendation???

From: monton <monton_at_qni.com>
Date: 1998/09/30

For under $10K is tough...

I have seen a lot of companies due wonders with the new UltraSparcs from Sun Microsystems. The Ultras run with a 128bit motherboard compared to some with only 64bit.

There is a lot of factors to through in here, like, how much traffic, network, storage, etc.

The OS is no problem since the Ultra utilizes Solaris 2.6, Unix of course. It will handle Forms with no problem.
It works great with NT's.

Just the price might be a problem.

For your particular case, you might try an Ultra1 or an Ultra2.

if you can provide more detail in regards to above mentioned factors, I can assist you further.

Keith D. Monton
monton_at_qni.com