Oracle and C/C++

From: Hwal Song <hsong_at_cs.utah.edu>
Date: 1998/09/29

We are developing an application with a HP server and 25 HP clients. We installed Oracle at the server side and installed SQL*Net, Tcp/IP stuff, and SQL*PLUS at the client sides.

After some research, we planned to use
Oracle ProC/C++ for developing an application. We will use Embedded PL/SQL.

Before we actually start coding, I like to ask you gurus out there if there is any other options available.

I am new with Oracle. But Sybase, for example, provides a C library. With this, you don't have to embed any SQL statements. Instead, it uses RPC to do the work over the net.

Pleae email me if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,
hs Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT