Sizing Oracle 73 indexes

From: <rjuliatto_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:30:34 GMT

Hello

I have been using the hints at Oracle DBA Handbook in order to size the indexes my database will use. However, usually the size needed is larger than that calculated.

I believe this must be due to fragmentation of indexes and/or overhead. Is there a more complete and explainable formula (I have seen some heuristic and unexplainable ones) to calculate the size of the indexes, foreseeing overhead and fragmentation?

Thanks in advance

Ronaldo Juliatto