Re: Error ocurred during Oracle redo log archival

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 29 Sep 1998 11:33:11 GMT

Hi Victor,

this error occurs when you issue a bunch of transactions and the logwriter isn't fast enough to write to disk. Redo logs are used in a round robin manner. If the first one isn't yet archived while the last one is filled oracle got to wait until the first one is freed. To prevent such a situation consider:

  1. adjust size of your logs
  2. add additional members to your redo log files

--

Regards

Matthias Gresz :-)

--
Matthias.Gresz_at_Privat.Post.DE

Galopping Horse beats Running Man. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 06:33:11 CDT