Re: How to speed up EXPORT?

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: 1998/09/28

Faster export indeed is done by direct=yes, but be carefull --> It is possible that your full import won't work any longer. We had this problem working with 7.3.3.5
The problem should be solved in 7.3.4. and an extra patch over it It is also solved in 8.4.1. I believe.

All I want to say is beware of your current Oracle server version Because your full export may be faster, but it might nog be correct usable for your import.

John Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT