Re: Web Server v3.0.1 - connecting to local DB v8.0.3

From: Vladimir Vuksan <vuksan_at_gypsy.cs.unm.edu>
Date: 28 Sep 1998 21:23:33 GMT

In article <6sa0t8$8di$1_at_news.sas.ab.ca>, suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

>You can't connect Web Application server to database as local (BEQ). You
>must connect it through SQL*Net. You may try to connect to Designer/2000.
>You should have the same problem. The proper way to use SQL*Net to set the
>interface between two application.

Well this is what I did.

  1. Went to SQL*Net and defined an alias to my local machine e.g.

machinename -> machinename.domain.edu, ORCL and Named Pipes

2) If I try connecting with SQLPLUS to system/user_at_machinename

everything works OK.

3) When I try to create a new DAD and put machinename in SQL*Net V2 Service I get

OWS-05566: DAD vuksandad submission failed due to error 12203 ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

Any clues ?