Oracle 8 ODBC Drivers / Intersolv

From: Pedro Ramos <apmramos_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:28:06 GMT

Hi all,

I am writing a small app that uses ODBC and that creates some procedures in an Oracle 8.0.4.* DB.

After connecting here's what I do :

	StrExec1="CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_PROC "+chr(13)+chr(10)
	StrExec2="IS VAR_TOTAL NUMBER;"+chr(13)+chr(10)
	StrExec3="BEGIN SELECT COUNT(*) INTO VAR_TOTAL FROM
TABLEA;"+chr(13)+chr(10)
	StrExec4="END TEST_PROC;"
	StrExec=StrExec1+StrExec2+StrExec3+StrExec4
             Result=Sqlexec(gnConnHandle,StrExec)

My problem is that if I use Oracle's ODBC drivers (8.0.4.0.0 or any other), the following error occurs :
"[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]Trigger, procedure or function created with PL/SQL compilation error(s)."

If I use Intersolv drivers, the statement is correctly executed.

If I take the +"chr(13)" from the statement then, even with Oracle ODBC Drivers, it executes correctly.

I also tried using ODBC Test app from ODBC SDK to execute the statment :
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_PROC
IS VAR_TOTAL NUMBER;
BEGIN SELECT COUNT(*) INTO VAR_TOTAL FROM CUBKPME; END TEST_PROC; and the same thing happens: as long as the statment has Carriage Return / Line Feed it gives me an error

Has anyone found this ?
Without taking out the CRLF and using Oracle ODBC drivers is there any way around this ?

Please help me ....

PedroRamos

apmramos_at_mail.telepac.pt Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 14:28:06 CDT