Re: VB5 RDO problem when using vaules exactly 1000000, results in :00000

From: Markus Schwitter (Bitec) <MrMagoo_at_plaza.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:43:10 +0200

>In fact, it seems that two values causes this fault to happen :

Thanks for your Info, I thought that I'm getting crazy.

We are using now the newest Version of RDO from MS, together with new drivers from MS acc. OLE DB, and that includes a new Version of msvcrt dll. We have also tried the ODBC-Driver wich comes with the OLE DB-SDK from MS, and this works.

But, on a new Machine, when using the Oracle Driver, the problem persists.

We made also a trace (ODBC) and found out that RDO transmits SQL like this:

update xyz set mycol = ? where OID = 975975

...what means the ? ? Is this a binary transfer ? I have never seen that .

Regards Markus Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 12:43:10 CDT