Re: Oracle ODBC Error

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:42:48 GMT

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 17:37:34 +0800, "TinMan" <valigean_at_post1.com> wrote:

>Hi..
>
>I had the following message while trying to connect to Oracle Enterprise
>Manager from my workstation:
>
> Interface driver not connected - function not performed
>
>All other functions(SQL*Plus) work fine.

What is the operating system of the target database? Is the target database on your client or on a remote server?

This error can occur when the front-end tool is unable to find/attach to the SQL*Net layer. This will usually happen if the SQL*Net driver has not been installed or is not in the expected location for dynamically loaded drivers.

I would verify that you have SQL*Net/Net8 Client installed on your client, and that you have the corresponding protocol adapter installed and configured.

>Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanx.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 08:42:48 CDT