Oracle 8.0.4 ODBC driver date handling

From: <sabys_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 05:58:57 GMT

Hi!

We are using the Oracle 8.0.4 ODBC driver and are running into a problem with dates. Is it possible to pass a date as a C string and have the driver convert it into a database date format which is specified using NLS_DATE_FORMAT in the back-end?

Example:

If I have a stored procedure which accepts DATE as an IN parameter, can I pass a string '01/01/70' to it using SQLBINDPARAMETER? In our case, the date that is going in the database is 00/00/00.

Thanks.
saby and premal