Oracle 8 Conversion

From: Don Scott <scottd_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 06:31:19 GMT

Can anyone supply information (or an URL) where I can obtain general information on converting an Oracle 6 application up to Oracle 8? Mostly, I am looking for a list of "things to consider" that someone else has already considered (or failed at).

One question in particular - I believed that stored procedures would most likely be upward compatible to Oracle 8, but I have been cautioned otherwise that they may need some re-work to convert up.

I thank you for any assistance in advance.

Regards,
Don Received on Sat Sep 26 1998 - 01:31:19 CDT