oracle high availability on nt

From: <brenogomes_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:58:26 GMT

I am developing a project Oracle8 Server Enterprise Edition with Parallel option running on Microsoft Windows NT EE.

Some issues have arised since first prototype: - DLT or DAT tape backup should strip and mirror a six-tape rack (3/3). RMAN should see as one. Wich hardware vendors build such systems (RAIT)? - One multichannel (usuallly 4) interface card should connect two parallel servers, providing more bandwith and alternative path in case of cable disruption. Another NIC should connect two channels to one switched hub and the other two to another hub. Znyz builds such NIC, called RAINCluster (Redundant Array of Independent Netports). Does anyone else build these system? - Could one PC with RAID 5 (using Mylex PCI card) has its set of internal disks or an external rack is preferrable ?

Budget is not the first issue, due the system is mission critical.

I appreciate anyone comments or case studies in this matter. I am open to share experiences and results.

Thanks for all.