Help passign values to functions in qms$event (headstart)

From: Claus Sander <csa_at_bladkompagniet.dk>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:05:39 +0200

Hello outhere.

I hope some of you can help me with a problem passing date fields through to a function.
I use des2k/dev2k to generate forms, and in the forms I'm using date items. Default date format is DD-MM-YYYY in my ORACLE setup. I know that solving a part of my problem will be formatting the date fields with the mask DD-MM-RRRR, but the mask identify century-shift at 0-49, 50-99.
This will not work with birthdates. E.g a person born 1930, and the user enter a date with the format DD-MM-YY (allowed ), will result in a century 2000.?!.
Therefore I have a century package which identify century shift at 30. 29 becomes 2029,
31 becomes 1931.
However, I tried creating a function doing this:

     date_item := myfunction(name_in('block.item_name'))
     copy('date_item',block.item_name)

this results in variuos ORA-01830 or ORA-01858 in my when-validate-item trigger.
(format ends before converting entire input string). I have also tried to_char/to_date before name_in, gave the same error. The century package works when placed directly under when-validate-item in Forms 4.5 designer on
the module.
This is not satisfactory.
Hope some you have any good ideas in solving the problem.

Claus Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 03:05:39 CDT