Re: ORACLE vs Sybase

From: Darren Tan B K <tanboonk_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1998/09/23

Thank you guys for the info and the tips on choosing a database. They are certainly useful. The comparison question was posted on the behalf of my colleague.

I am a Sybase user. One thing about Sybase is that software patches was not that straight forward. I have done upgrade from Sybase 10 to 11.0.2 to 11.0.3.1. I wonder if Oracle was similar to Sybase in the way the software EBF patches are made.

I was also curious how data from Mainframe (Extended Characters) can be imported to a Sybase table. Is it through 1) Middleware 2) Data conversion through a program to an Ascii 3) through bcp?

Best Regards
Darren
tanboonk_at_pacific.net.sg Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT