Re: VB5 RDO problem when using vaules exactly 1000000, results in :00000

From: Bill Conniff <wconniff_at_slip.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:14:45 -0700

We had the same problem. It happned to us only with a value of one million. We fixed the problem by redefining all numeric fields by specifying precision. Most of our doubles are now defined as number(16,4). BTW, we are using the Oracle 7.3 driver.

How about some help, if you can, in return. Using the rdocolumns collection we cannot access any of the system tables, like USER_TABLES, USER_COLUMNS, etc, yet we can access them with SQLPlus, using the same UID and Password. Any use of rdocolumns("user_Table") triggers the error "Item not found in this collection." Any ideas?