Re: Decimal data stored in NUMBER(10)

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:16:49 +0200

>I have a problme table. It has a field defined as NUMBER(10). But it
>stored with a number (with decimal) in it.

Strange. I guess I misunderstand this, because you can not store the decimals. Like: if you want to insert the value 10.8, in fact the value 11 will be stored. Could you post your table layout (desc my_cur in SQL*Plus)?

>But when I created a stored
>procedure, the value returned form the cursor didn't contain the decimal.

No problem, that is the expected behavior. The decimal is just not stored as far as I know!

>How can I get the decimal back in stored procedure?

You have to re-define your table to use number( 10, 3 ) for your field.

Arjan. Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 13:16:49 CDT