Re: newbie - How to use code page translation

From: Ulf Magnusson <ulf.magnusson_at_briunix.kiedt.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:45:13 +0200

Sorry, I was a little wrong.
If you running 16-bit ODBC then the win.ini should have a section [Oracle] that contains
a line like this : ORA_CONFIG1=C:\OraWin\Oracle.ini And Oracle.ini should contain the NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 under the [Oracle] section.

If you running 32-bit ODBC then the registry is used. In registry the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE and the string is NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1.

Good luck
/Ulf