Re: DBSHUT errors on HP-UX: dbshut[56]: /tmp/sh1603.13 cannot open

From: Jean-Philippe Squelbut <squelbut_at_csi.com>
Date: 1998/09/22

You should mofify "dbshut" script provided by Oracle. This script calls svrmgrl and "shutdown" command is issued. Add the option "immediate" after "shutdown" command. Without "immediate", you are sure not to kill user sessions still running. But you are also sure not to shutdown the database cause of user session still active but not actually used.