ORA-12500 ....Please help

From: Beatriz De Stefano <beatriz.destefano_at_gte.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:30:36 -0400

Hello there. I am an Aix System Administrator who knows very litle about Oracle. But in our environment we have Oracle 7.3.3.6 installed in an RS/6000 running AIX 4.2.1. We have this system talking to another RS/6000 with Baan 4 through SQL-NET.

Here is my problem: We have around 120 users logging into the Baan-AIX box and making requests to the Oracle system (on the other box). Once in a while, 2 to 3 times a week, when a user tries to do some work they get the following message:

ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

This error is also logged in Baan log files. Our Oracle DBA says that there is no problem with the listener and that this should be a Baan error or an Operating system error.

Do anyone out there could tell me why we are getting this error sometimes?? Now more often than before....

Any help will be appreciated

If this is not the right newsgroup, please let me know which one is the right.

Thanks,

Beatriz De Stefano
e-mail: beatriz.destefano_at_gte.net Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 17:30:36 CDT