Oracle Error Messages in a Table?

From: <eguild1_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:10:08 GMT

Anyone out there know of a way to get a table of Oracle error messages with SQLSTATE (i.e. ORA-01234) as primary key with short and long descriptions and action fields (other information if available) on the same table.  I'm already connected to Oracle when I receive an error message within my code (Java, C, etc.) or using SQL*Plus (on Unix within emacs of course) or SQL-Worksheet (on NT).  Sometimes I cannot easily get to an errors manual, have Errors help program handy (on work station that doesn't have one installed), no browser, etc. but could easily type "select * from sys.errors where sqlstate = 'ORA-01234'".  Oracle is a database afterall and it makes sense to have a table of error messages.  At the very least an ASCII delimited file I could  convert into a table would be fine too. Anyone have an ASCII file of error messages. I really don't want to have to strip out html from the online docs on the technet site or that come with Work Group Server on UNIX distributions to be able to do this.  Apparently other RDBMS have this and am kind of surprised Oracle doesn't or do they? AIX has oerr util, does it do a regex on a regular text file? Didn't find anything from Oracle versions I have, got SCO binaries on LINUX, NT version, and Solaris Intel mostly 7.3 servers.